If you are using virtual machine on your intel or amd based desktop. then some function is not working properly so in that case you have to enable Hyper_V on windows 11 or windows 10. To allow this feature you have to some steps to that.
This becomes particularly advantageous for those in computer science and engineering fields who require the ability to experiment with different software environments and coding projects.
By activating Hyper-V on their Windows 11 PC, students can save both time and expenses by eliminating the need for physical hardware.
Additionally, they gain the advantage of flexibility and convenience by being able to run various operating systems and applications on a single device.
This guide will walk you through the process of enabling Hyper-V on your active Windows 11 device. It covers everything from checking if your computer is compatible to configuring the Hyper-V settings.
This guide will give you a comprehensive understanding of using Hyper-V on a Windows 11-enabled device.
What is Hyper-V?
Hyper-V is an inbuilt virtualization utility software operation that helps to run another windows operating system without interupt main operating system.
Use Case of Vitual Machine
- Testing software across various operating systems using numerous virtual machines on a single host system.
- Execution and experimentation of software designed for previous Windows versions or non-Windows operating systems.
How to Install Hyper-V on Windows 11?
To activate Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home, follow these steps:
- Launch a fresh Notepad document. To accomplish this, press the Windows key + R, enter “notepad,” and then click on OK.
- Within the Notepad document, duplicate and insert this script:pushd “%~dp0″ dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\*Hyper-V*.mum >hyper-v.txt for /f %%i in (‘findstr /i . hyper-v.txt 2^>nul’) do dism /online /norestart /add-package:”%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i” del hyper-v.txt Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Hyper-V -All /LimitAccess /ALL Pause
- Open the Save Dialog using Ctrl + S.
- In the field for the file name, input hyperv.bat. It’s crucial to include the .bat extension at the end of the filename for the script’s execution.
- Then, choose All Files from the dropdown menu for Save as type.
- Click the Save button to store the file.
- Afterward, right-click the hyperv.bat file and choose Run as administrator. If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
- The script will commence execution in the Command Prompt to install Hyper-V. This process might take some time, so be patient until it’s finished.
- When the process is complete, a message stating Operation completed successfully will appear.
- Type Y to confirm and initiate a PC restart. If not, input N to exit the Command Prompt.
Keep in mind that restarting your PC is necessary for the changes to take effect. Following the restart, Hyper-V should be installed on Windows 11 Home.
Type Hyper-V in the Windows search bar and click on Hyper-V Manager to establish a new virtual machine.
Now lets install Hyper-V on Windows 11
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R. Input “OptionalFeatures.exe” and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can type “Windows features” into the Search box and select “Turn Windows features on or off” from the Best Match results.
- Expand the Hyper-V category and select all checkboxes within it, which includes both Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform.
- Confirm the changes by clicking OK. Windows will then proceed with the implementation of these alterations, which might take some time.
- Once the process is complete, a prompt will appear, instructing you to restart your computer. Click “Start now” to finalize the installation of the necessary modifications.
Method 3. Enable Hyper-V Windows 11 Using Windows PowerShell
Utilize PowerShell, a user-friendly tool similar to Command Prompt, to activate Hyper-V on Windows 11. Here’s the procedure:
- Initiate the process by typing “PowerShell” in the Search box. Right-click on the Windows PowerShell application and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Within the ensuing window, input the provided command and press Enter. This will prompt Windows to initiate the Hyper-V installation process on Windows 11.Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V –All
- During this process, a blue box will display the progression of Hyper-V activation. Once the activation is successful, press Y to reboot your system.
Disabling Hyper-V in Windows 11
Although enabling and utilizing Hyper-V is secure, you can just as easily deactivate it using PowerShell. This can be valuable if the virtualization technology clashes with your antivirus software or other applications.
To deactivate Hyper-V through PowerShell:
- Launch PowerShell with administrator privileges.
- Within the PowerShell interface, input the command below and hit the Enter key:Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
- Wait until the confirmation message is displayed, and then close the PowerShell.
- Reboot your device to apply the modifications.